| June 13, 2014
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have called according to His purpose."
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It is hard to believe this is the last Friday Update of the year. I am grateful for having the opportunity to lead in such a wonderful school. This year has been rewarding, spiritually uplifting, and personally fulfilling. Thank you!
Tonight is our 8th grade graduation. We will celebrate the closing of one chapter and the beginning of another in the life of our students. I have enjoyed working with the 8th graders this year, and know they will be successful in high school and beyond. They are a group of kind, funny, empathetic students who appreciate the simple things in life. I truly enjoyed getting to know them as individuals. Good luck to all our graduates!
As we prepare for the transition into summer, please find some helpful information below:
Mr. and Mrs. Klesh would like to extend a sincere and heart-felt thank you to all in the SJS community who participated in and donated to the Diabetes Walk this past Sunday. The outpouring of care, concern, love and overall community togetherness was in full bloom.
- Summer hours for office staff will be Monday - Thursday 9:00 - 1:00. Please call SJS before you come. At times, we may be working in classrooms and will not hear the doorbell.
- All school keys need to be returned by basketball coaches, parents, and organizations by the last day of school.
- The best way to contact SJS is through email. Please feel free to email Scott Bannon or Kim Valzania with any questions.
- The school is off-limits for extra-curricular activities (including evening basketball) during the summer.
- The ice-cream social will be held on Monday, August 25th at 6:00 PM.
- The first day of school for students will be Thursday, August 28th (Full Day).
- All after care and before care need to be paid as soon as possible. Students will not be permitted to attend the first day of school if your account has an outstanding balance.
- Monday, June 16th is an Early Dismissal at 11:45. No after school activities or after care. This is the last day of school for Pre-K3 and Pre-K4. Pre-K4 graduation will be held in the church.
- Tuesday, June 17th is an Early Dismissal at 11:45. No after school activities or after care. Students will have an opportunity to visit
- Wednesday, June 18th is an Early Dismissal at 11:45. This is our last day of school. Happy Summer!
- Summer office hours will be 9:00 - 1:00 Monday - Thursday. However, there will be weeks when both, Kim Valzania and Scott Bannon are out of the building. The best method of communication is email.
Special Thank You To:
** The Clambake Committee!
** Sea House Clambakes and Catering! If interested in booking any private parties, please contact Jeff Seganos at 203-331-6605.
Mr. Scott Bannon
Orders are currently being taken for SJS Spiritwear! We have a number of great items for sale:
- Canvas Tote
- Drawstring Bag
- Sweatshirts - both crewneck and hoodies
- Dri-wick T-shirts - both long and short sleeve
- Flannel PJ Pants in navy and silver
- Baseball caps
All Volunteers at St. Joseph School must attend a Virtus training session. If you have previously attended a Virtus Training course, you do not have to attend antother. A list of the Virtus training programs can be found on the Virtus website.
Save the Date
at ST. JOSEPH SCHOOL
Friday, July 25th
Concessions, Homemade Baked Goods, Raffles & Prizes!
Family fun night, bring friends & family - all are invited!
If you have run or set up a Bingo event and would like to help
Please contact Sue Reitz at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Homework Club is an excellent opportunity for your child to work on their daily assignments in a quiet environment. The Homework Club will meet Monday – Thursday from 3:15 – 4:30. Homework Club is not private tutoring, but is monitored by a certified Saint Joseph staff member. The staff member will circulate the classroom, answer questions, and help the students with organization and prioritizing skills.
In some instances, all homework assignments are not completed during Homework Club. When this occurs, homework must be completed at home.
Please complete the downloadable calendar below, and return it to Nancy Rubino. This year, drop-ins are welcome with a parent note. Homework Club costs $11 dollars per day. If you are unable to pick-up your child at 4:30, he/she will join the After Care Club. You will be billed accordingly. Aftercare Club will cost $15 dollars from 4:30 – 6:00.
If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Rubino email@example.com
SCRIP orders are due by 10am each Friday for pickup on the following Friday. Pickup of the cards is the following Friday from 3:00-3:30 outside the school office. Can't make it to the school for distribution time. No worries- we can work out a time to meet you that better fits your schedule. Or take advantage of SCRIPNOW! an online printable version of a gift certificate that will be sent to your 'Inbox', within 30 minutes from the transaction, that you can print use immediately.
If you are interested in purchasing SCRIP cards and would like to set up an account, see our Donation Opportunities page or contact anyone from the SCRIP team for information:
Jean Ferrara, Annie Ovanessian, Tina Ross, Lisa Sweeting, Amy Capilupi.
Simple Ways to Earn for Our School
at NO COST TO YOU!!!
See the Donation Opportunities page for details