| April 11, 2014
"And this is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life."
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Report cards were issued today. Please be certain to check your child's backpack for the report cards. All envelopes should be signed and returned to your child's teacher, If you have any questions, please contact your child's teacher.
Congratulations to our 8th graders! We had a wonderful experience at Confirmation on Wednesday evening. Thank you to Bishop Caggiano for leading the ceremony, Father Chip and Deacon Peter, the religious education department, and Andrea Woronick! It was a beautiful ceremony with a powerful message!
Financial assistance applications are currently under review. We will determine which families receive assistance by the end of April.
Thank you to Mrs. Harron for coaching our students at the Track and Field event this past Sunday. We are proud of all our runners. We would like to recognize students who finished in the top 3 overall for their event:
- Gregory Voros - Grade 1 - 3rd place Broad Jump
- Amanda Hoyt - Grade 3 - 2nd place Broad Jump
- Brian Ritter - Grade 6 - 1st place 400 meters (new league record) and 1st place softball throw
- Victoria McFarlin - Grade 7 - 1st place 200 meters dash and 3rd place 100 meter dash
- Meghan Coyle - Grade 8 - 3rd place 400 meters
- Matthew Villanueva - Grade 8 - 3rd place mile run
- Alexander Pozin - Grade 8 - 2nd place 800 meters
- Dylan Gallagher - Grade 8 - 3rd place 800 meters
- Jake Guydan - grade 8 - 3rd place softball throw
- Jake Guydan, Dylan Gallagher, Matthew Villanueva, and Alexander Pozin - Grade 8 - 3rd place relay
The SJS Clambake and Auction is scheduled for Saturday, June 7th. This is going to be a wonderful event with exceptional food. If you or your business would like to donate an auction item, please contact the main office. Please note, there will be chicken and steak menu items as well!
Immaculate High School presents "Les Miserables", on April 24th, 25th, and 26th. Shows are at 7 PM, with a Saturday afternoon matinee at 1:30 PM. Tickets go on sale to the general public on April 3rd, and will be available for sale at www.immaculatehs.org .
Our 8th graders will be performing "Thoroughly Modern Millie Jr." on May 1st and May 2nd. The play will begin at 7:30 PM. Please join us for a wonderful family event. Tickets will be available for $5 per person, or $20 for a family.
Special Thank You To:
- Registration for the 2014-2015 school year is open! Tuition rates are available on the SJS website.
- Our SJS Annual Fund raised $10,250 so far. Our goal was $10,000. The money raised is directly applied to our operating budget. Please help us reach our goal. Please click the following link to make a contribution. www.CatholicSchoolsFairfieldCounty.com Click- Support > Give Now and select St. Joseph- Brookfield from the drop down menu.
- The last day of school is Wednesday, June 18th. 8th grade graduation is scheduled for Friday, June 13th.
- Please save the date- Saturday, June 7th is our Clambake/ Auction. This will be an evening event for adults. Sea House Clambake and Catering will be providing us with a delicious menu of lobster, steak, grilled chicken, mussels, and more!
** All our Easter party parent volunteers for organizing crafts and special treats!
Mr. Scott Bannon
Orders are currently being taken for SJS Spiritwear! We have a number of great items for sale:
- Canvas Tote
- Drawstring Bag
- Sweatshirts - both crewneck and hoodies
- Dri-wick T-shirts - both long and short sleeve
- Flannel PJ Pants in navy and silver
- Baseball caps
All Volunteers at St. Joseph School must attend a Virtus training session. If you have previously attended a Virtus Training course, you do not have to attend antother. A list of the Virtus training programs can be found on the Virtus website.
Save the Date
at ST. JOSEPH SCHOOL
Friday, April 25th
Concessions, Homemade Baked Goods, Raffles & Prizes!
Family fun night, bring friends & family - all are invited!
If you have run or set up a Bingo event and would like to help
Please contact Sue Reitz at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Homework Club is an excellent opportunity for your child to work on their daily assignments in a quiet environment. The Homework Club will meet Monday – Thursday from 3:15 – 4:30. Homework Club is not private tutoring, but is monitored by a certified Saint Joseph staff member. The staff member will circulate the classroom, answer questions, and help the students with organization and prioritizing skills.
In some instances, all homework assignments are not completed during Homework Club. When this occurs, homework must be completed at home.
Please complete the downloadable calendar here, and return it to Nancy Rubino. This year, drop-ins are welcome with a parent note. Homework Club costs $11 dollars per day. If you are unable to pick-up your child at 4:30, he/she will join the After Care Club. You will be billed accordingly. Aftercare Club will cost $15 dollars from 4:30 – 6:00.
If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Rubino email@example.com
SCRIP orders are due by 10am each Friday for pickup on the following Friday. Pickup of the cards is the following Friday from 3:00-3:30 outside the school office. Can't make it to the school for distribution time. No worries- we can work out a time to meet you that better fits your schedule. Or take advantage of SCRIPNOW! an online printable version of a gift certificate that will be sent to your 'Inbox', within 30 minutes from the transaction, that you can print use immediately.
If you are interested in purchasing SCRIP cards and would like to set up an account, see our Donation Opportunities page or contact anyone from the SCRIP team for information:
Jean Ferrara, Annie Ovanessian, Tina Ross, Lisa Sweeting, Amy Capilupi.
Simple Ways to Earn for Our School
at NO COST TO YOU!!!
See the Donation Opportunities page for details