Look to the Lord and his strength; seek His face always. - Chronicles 16:11
October 24, 2014
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Looking for some kid-friendly activities and fun this weekend? Macaroni Kid is a free weekly e-newsletter and website that's your go-to site for all things kid and family friendly in Brookfield and Greater New Milford. Subscribe today by clicking the following link: http://newmilford.macaronikid.com/subscribe/
It is time to send in Box Tops! Amy McGinniss graciously volunteered to collect donations. Please be certain to write your child's name and classroom teacher on all envelopes. The class with the most Box Tops wins a pizza party!
October is Breast Cancer awareness month. Victoria McFarlin organized a "pink" dollar dress down day. She decorated mason jars for each classroom. All proceeds were donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). Thank you, Victoria for demonstrating a generous, Christian attitude!
The following was written by Victoria McFarlin:
Dear Saint Joseph School Families,
I wanted to thank you all for your generosity of your donation of $308 towards the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The BCRF is one of the 5 top rated charities involved in fighting breast cancer and has an A+ rating according to the charitywatch.org. Your donations will go directly to the research needed to find the cure for breast cancer. Thanks again for supporting such a worthwhile cause and remember - Think Pink!
After care is an extra service that is available to every SJS family. Certified staff supervise after care each day. Cathy Zimmerer prepares after care billing based on the number of hours and days your child attends. The funding from after care is used to pay after care staff. A 5% late fee will be added to any unpaid accounts. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Amy McGinniss for collecting Box Tops.
Katie Oeser for organizing Odyssey of the Mind Teams.
All of our parent volunteers for recess and lunch.
All our parent chaperones who attended the CT Science Center, Stepping Stones, and Boston.
All our parents who registered or completed Virtus training to volunteer in our school.
Mrs. Patry for volunteering to help in our Pre-K classroom this week.
- Parent Teacher conferences are scheduled for November 11th and 12th in the afternoon, and 13th in the evening.
- School will not be in session on Tuesday, November 4th (Teacher Professional Development/ Election Day).
- Walkathon pledges are due on October 31st. We have raised $7,100 to date!
Enjoy the weekend.
Mr. Scott Bannon
Orders are currently being taken for SJS Spiritwear! We have a number of great items for sale:
- Canvas Tote
- Drawstring Bag
- Sweatshirts - both crewneck and hoodies
- Dri-wick T-shirts - both long and short sleeve
- Flannel PJ Pants in navy and silver
- Baseball caps
All Volunteers at St. Joseph School must attend a Virtus training session. If you have previously attended a Virtus Training course, you do not have to attend antother. A list of the Virtus training programs can be found on the Virtus website.
Save the Date
at ST. JOSEPH SCHOOL
Friday, October 24th
Concessions, Homemade Baked Goods, Raffles & Prizes!
Family fun night, bring friends & family - all are invited!
If you have run or set up a Bingo event and would like to help
Please contact Sue Reitz at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Homework Club is an excellent opportunity for your child to work on their daily assignments in a quiet environment. The Homework Club will meet Monday – Thursday from 3:15 – 4:30. Homework Club is not private tutoring, but is monitored by a certified Saint Joseph staff member. The staff member will circulate the classroom, answer questions, and help the students with organization and prioritizing skills.
In some instances, all homework assignments are not completed during Homework Club. When this occurs, homework must be completed at home.
Please complete the downloadable calendar below, and return it to Nancy Rubino. This year, drop-ins are welcome with a parent note. Homework Club costs $11 dollars per day. If you are unable to pick-up your child at 4:30, he/she will join the After Care Club. You will be billed accordingly. Aftercare Club will cost $15 dollars from 4:30 – 6:00.
If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Rubino email@example.com
SCRIP is accepting orders for the 2014-15 school year.
Orders placed by 10am on Friday 9/5 will be available for pickup on Friday 9/12.
SCRIP orders are due by 10am each Friday for pickup on the following Friday. Pickup of the cards is the following Friday from 3:00-3:30 outside the school office. Can't make it to the school for distribution time. No worries- we can work out a time to meet you that better fits your schedule. Or take advantage of SCRIPNOW! an online printable version of a gift certificate that will be sent to your 'Inbox', within 30 minutes from the transaction, that you can print use immediately.
If you are interested in purchasing SCRIP cards and would like to set up an account, see our Donation Opportunities page or contact anyone from the SCRIP team for information:
New to SCRIP?
Scrip is a gift card purchasing program that generates funds directly to SJS with each purchase. You pay the face value of the card or e-card (SCRIP now) and SJS receives a predetermined percentage back from SCRIP organizers for your purchase. Each purchase you make through the SCRIP link below benefits SJS. It's really that simple. SJS families have generated thousands of dollars each year for our children with this passive fundraiser!
Purchase throughout the school year and the rebates add up!
- WHO: Scrip is available to SJS families, their friends, faculty and staff
- WHAT: Purchase gift cards for retailers that you use every day. Thousands of retailers nationwide participate in the SCRIP program. Grocery stores, drug stores, gas stations, hotels, AMEX, and many popular retailers like LANDS END, GAP, STEWS, DUNKIN DONUTS and TARGET to name a few.
- WHERE: On-line at www.shopwithscrip.com
- WHY: An easy way to raise funds for our school!!
- WHEN: Orders may be placed 24/7 at www.shopwithscrip.com. ScripNow! certificates and reloads of previously purchased SCRIP cards are printed at home and ready almost instantly. You receive "hard cards" during distribution which takes place each Friday at SJS.
- HOW: A family account must be set up on the SCRIP website in order for SJS to receive the benefits. Just follow the steps at https://www.shopwithscrip.com/login/register.aspx to set up a user profile and a Presto-Pay account. (Please note a Presto-Pay account must also be set up to ensure quick & easy payment processing.) The SJS enrollment code is 65LCLD722LL12.
- EXAMPLE: Purchase $250 in Lands End gift cards. A 16% ($40) rebate will be sent back to the school.*
Questions…Please contact Tina Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org
Simple Ways to Earn for Our School
at NO COST TO YOU!!!
See the Donation Opportunities page for details