So while it's true that Thanksgiving only comes once a year, we should actually celebrate thanks each and every day. It's just a matter of learning to live with a spirit of gratitude.
November 13, 2014
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you to all the Veterans who joined us this morning at mass. The SJS staff and students thank you for serving our country.
The SJS teachers thank all parents for attending conferences this week. We hope you found the conversation to be informative. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact your child's teacher.
The Scholastic Book Fair was a great success. Thank you to all the parent volunteers who dedicated their time throughout the week. In addition, thank you to Mrs. McGinniss for coordinating the book fair. In years past, the accumulated points from the Book Fair helped us purchase literature for the classrooms, and Smart Board technology.
Thank you to the following people for working at the Book Fair:
|| Tina Ross
|| Marie Bray
|| Suzy Bohling
In addition, thank you to Mr. Moore for donating a train table to our pre-k classrooms.
- Please send in Box Tops with your child's name and classroom written on the envelope.
- Please send in Cambell's Soup Labels with your child's name and classroom written on the envelope.
- Wednesday, November 26th is an early dismissal day at 11:45 am.
Enjoy the weekend.
Mr. Scott Bannon
Orders are currently being taken for SJS Spiritwear! We have a number of great items for sale:
- Canvas Tote
- Drawstring Bag
- Sweatshirts - both crewneck and hoodies
- Dri-wick T-shirts - both long and short sleeve
- Flannel PJ Pants in navy and silver
- Baseball caps
All Volunteers at St. Joseph School must attend a Virtus training session. If you have previously attended a Virtus Training course, you do not have to attend antother. A list of the Virtus training programs can be found on the Virtus website.
Poinsettias and Wreaths on Sale Now!
Help Support the St Joseph's 8th Grade Trip to Washington D.C.
6" pot - $12.00ea or 2 for $22.00
8" pot- $20.00ea or 2 for $37.00
Colors: White/Pink/Red available
12" ring size
(20-22" outside diameter)
$12.00ea or 2 for $22.00
Delivery for SJS families will be at SJS on
Friday December 5th during pick-up 3pm-4pm
Avoid the Holiday Rush… Order Now!
Save the Date
at ST. JOSEPH SCHOOL
Friday, November 21st
Concessions, Homemade Baked Goods, Raffles & Prizes!
Family fun night, bring friends & family - all are invited!
If you have run or set up a Bingo event and would like to help
Please contact Sue Reitz at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for our annual
ST. JOSEPH SCHOOL
Sat., Dec. 6th and Sun., Dec. 7th
Volunteers and donations are needed.
Please see our Christmas Festival page for more details.
Homework Club is an excellent opportunity for your child to work on their daily assignments in a quiet environment. The Homework Club will meet Monday – Thursday from 3:15 – 4:30. Homework Club is not private tutoring, but is monitored by a certified Saint Joseph staff member. The staff member will circulate the classroom, answer questions, and help the students with organization and prioritizing skills.
In some instances, all homework assignments are not completed during Homework Club. When this occurs, homework must be completed at home.
Please complete the downloadable calendar below, and return it to Nancy Rubino. This year, drop-ins are welcome with a parent note. Homework Club costs $11 dollars per day. If you are unable to pick-up your child at 4:30, he/she will join the After Care Club. You will be billed accordingly. Aftercare Club will cost $15 dollars from 4:30 – 6:00.
If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Rubino email@example.com
SCRIP is accepting orders for the 2014-15 school year.
Orders placed by 10am on Friday 9/5 will be available for pickup on Friday 9/12.
SCRIP orders are due by 10am each Friday for pickup on the following Friday. Pickup of the cards is the following Friday from 3:00-3:30 outside the school office. Can't make it to the school for distribution time. No worries- we can work out a time to meet you that better fits your schedule. Or take advantage of SCRIPNOW! an online printable version of a gift certificate that will be sent to your 'Inbox', within 30 minutes from the transaction, that you can print use immediately.
If you are interested in purchasing SCRIP cards and would like to set up an account, see our Donation Opportunities page or contact anyone from the SCRIP team for information:
New to SCRIP?
Scrip is a gift card purchasing program that generates funds directly to SJS with each purchase. You pay the face value of the card or e-card (SCRIP now) and SJS receives a predetermined percentage back from SCRIP organizers for your purchase. Each purchase you make through the SCRIP link below benefits SJS. It's really that simple. SJS families have generated thousands of dollars each year for our children with this passive fundraiser!
Purchase throughout the school year and the rebates add up!
- WHO: Scrip is available to SJS families, their friends, faculty and staff
- WHAT: Purchase gift cards for retailers that you use every day. Thousands of retailers nationwide participate in the SCRIP program. Grocery stores, drug stores, gas stations, hotels, AMEX, and many popular retailers like LANDS END, GAP, STEWS, DUNKIN DONUTS and TARGET to name a few.
- WHERE: On-line at www.shopwithscrip.com
- WHY: An easy way to raise funds for our school!!
- WHEN: Orders may be placed 24/7 at www.shopwithscrip.com. ScripNow! certificates and reloads of previously purchased SCRIP cards are printed at home and ready almost instantly. You receive "hard cards" during distribution which takes place each Friday at SJS.
- HOW: A family account must be set up on the SCRIP website in order for SJS to receive the benefits. Just follow the steps at https://www.shopwithscrip.com/login/register.aspx to set up a user profile and a Presto-Pay account. (Please note a Presto-Pay account must also be set up to ensure quick & easy payment processing.) The SJS enrollment code is 65LCLD722LL12.
- EXAMPLE: Purchase $250 in Lands End gift cards. A 16% ($40) rebate will be sent back to the school.*
Questions…Please contact Tina Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org
Simple Ways to Earn for Our School
at NO COST TO YOU!!!
See the Donation Opportunities page for details