Whoever claims to live in Him must live as Jesus did. - John 2:6
December 12, 2014
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Our Christmas Concert was amazing! The students were well prepared and did an incredible job. We are extremely grateful to have Mr. Bostick on staff. He is a wonderful music teacher. In addition, our SJS Choir was superb! Congratulations to all our 6th - 8th graders. Thank you to all the parents who attended. The concert was another reminder about how fortunate we are to be surrounded by talented students, caring parents, and dedicated staff.
This past week gave us a wintery sampling of weather. Please be reminded that Saint Joseph School follows the Brookfield Public School's decision for delayed openings, early dismissals, and cancellations. An email and text message alerts will be sent to all parents as soon as we are notified of weather delays or cancellations. In addition, www.wtnh.com posts information about school delays/ closings when inclement weather occurs. If you have any questions, please contact Kim Valzania in the main office.
Our Sharing Assembly was awesome! Thank you to Mrs. Shay and Ms. Terlizzi for working closely with the student council to organize such a wonderful event. Thank you to Mrs. Garcia for coordinating donations and inviting representatives from each organization. The Saint Joseph community rallied to donate items for over 10 different foundations. Your generous donations will be distributed to people in need during this holiday season.
On Thursday, December 18th all staff and students are invited to wear Christmas outfits and/ or accessories to school. We welcome Santa hats, scarves, red and green sweaters, etc. This is a free dress down day!
- SJS Aftercare will close at 5:00 PM on Friday, December 19th. Please make transportation arrangements for your child.
- Sunday, January 25th is the Saint Joseph School Open House from 12:00 - 2:00. Teachers and 8th grade students will provide tours. We will need a few parent volunteers to bake and distribute refreshments. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are willing to bake for our Open House.
- December 19th - Family Members Invited to Morning Mass @ 8:45
- December 23rd - Early Dismissal @ 11:45
- December 24th - January 4th - Christmas Vacation
- January 5th - Classes Resume
- January 19th - No School
- Tuesday, January 20th - Wednesday, January 28th Mid-Term Exams (Grades 6 - 8)
Special Thank You To:
**Student Council for organizing the sharing assembly!
**Amy Capilupi for organizing mailings for the SJS Annual Fund!
Enjoy the weekend.
Mr. Scott Bannon
26 ACTS OF KINDNESS
Thank You” Day
Learn from your mistakes
and move forward.
|Let Someone Go In Front of You in Line Today
||Share a Compliment with Someone Today
for a Family Member at Mass
|No School Today
|Thank a First Responder
Write a thank you note
to Officer Gary
|Say "Good Morning"
To everyone you pass
|Hold the Door Open For Someone Today
||Be a Friend Who Listens Today
| Moment of Silence/ Prayer
of Sandy Hook
||Thank Mrs. Valzania
Write a thank you letter
|"Be Kind to Yourself" Day
||Thank Mr. Mike
Keep the hallways, bathrooms, and cafeteria extra clean!
|Invite a Family Member to 8:45 Mass
|Thank Your Parents/Guardian
For all they do!
|Special Prayer for a Safe Christmas Break
|Read a Book Day
Be good to your brain!
It needs exercise too.
|Be Positive Day!
No complaints today!
|Thank a Soldier
Write a thank you note to a soldier.
|Thank a Teacher
Write a letter to a teacher who has made a difference in your life
|Be a Friend
Who Shares Today
|Be Kind to the Environment
(recycle, use less paper, think before hitting print, purchase a reusable water bottle, etc.)
|Encourage Someone Today
A little support can make a huge difference
|Help a Classmate Day
||Put a Smile On Someone's Face Today: Make Them Laugh
For all that they
do for you
Orders are currently being taken for SJS Spiritwear! We have a number of great items for sale:
- Canvas Tote
- Drawstring Bag
- Sweatshirts - both crewneck and hoodies
- Dri-wick T-shirts - both long and short sleeve
- Flannel PJ Pants in navy and silver
- Baseball caps
All Volunteers at St. Joseph School must attend a Virtus training session. If you have previously attended a Virtus Training course, you do not have to attend antother. A list of the Virtus training programs can be found on the Virtus website.
Save the Date
at ST. JOSEPH SCHOOL
Friday, December 19th
Concessions, Homemade Baked Goods, Raffles & Prizes!
Family fun night, bring friends & family - all are invited!
If you have run or set up a Bingo event and would like to help
Please contact Sue Reitz at: email@example.com
Homework Club is an excellent opportunity for your child to work on their daily assignments in a quiet environment. The Homework Club will meet Monday – Thursday from 3:15 – 4:30. Homework Club is not private tutoring, but is monitored by a certified Saint Joseph staff member. The staff member will circulate the classroom, answer questions, and help the students with organization and prioritizing skills.
In some instances, all homework assignments are not completed during Homework Club. When this occurs, homework must be completed at home.
Please complete the downloadable calendar below, and return it to Nancy Rubino. This year, drop-ins are welcome with a parent note. Homework Club costs $11 dollars per day. If you are unable to pick-up your child at 4:30, he/she will join the After Care Club. You will be billed accordingly. Aftercare Club will cost $15 dollars from 4:30 – 6:00.
If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Rubino firstname.lastname@example.org
SCRIP is accepting orders for the 2014-15 school year.
Orders placed by 10am on Friday 9/5 will be available for pickup on Friday 9/12.
SCRIP orders are due by 10am each Friday for pickup on the following Friday. Pickup of the cards is the following Friday from 3:00-3:30 outside the school office. Can't make it to the school for distribution time. No worries- we can work out a time to meet you that better fits your schedule. Or take advantage of SCRIPNOW! an online printable version of a gift certificate that will be sent to your 'Inbox', within 30 minutes from the transaction, that you can print use immediately.
If you are interested in purchasing SCRIP cards and would like to set up an account, see our Donation Opportunities page or contact anyone from the SCRIP team for information:
New to SCRIP?
Scrip is a gift card purchasing program that generates funds directly to SJS with each purchase. You pay the face value of the card or e-card (SCRIP now) and SJS receives a predetermined percentage back from SCRIP organizers for your purchase. Each purchase you make through the SCRIP link below benefits SJS. It's really that simple. SJS families have generated thousands of dollars each year for our children with this passive fundraiser!
Purchase throughout the school year and the rebates add up!
- WHO: Scrip is available to SJS families, their friends, faculty and staff
- WHAT: Purchase gift cards for retailers that you use every day. Thousands of retailers nationwide participate in the SCRIP program. Grocery stores, drug stores, gas stations, hotels, AMEX, and many popular retailers like LANDS END, GAP, STEWS, DUNKIN DONUTS and TARGET to name a few.
- WHERE: On-line at www.shopwithscrip.com
- WHY: An easy way to raise funds for our school!!
- WHEN: Orders may be placed 24/7 at www.shopwithscrip.com. ScripNow! certificates and reloads of previously purchased SCRIP cards are printed at home and ready almost instantly. You receive "hard cards" during distribution which takes place each Friday at SJS.
- HOW: A family account must be set up on the SCRIP website in order for SJS to receive the benefits. Just follow the steps at https://www.shopwithscrip.com/login/register.aspx to set up a user profile and a Presto-Pay account. (Please note a Presto-Pay account must also be set up to ensure quick & easy payment processing.) The SJS enrollment code is 65LCLD722LL12.
- EXAMPLE: Purchase $250 in Lands End gift cards. A 16% ($40) rebate will be sent back to the school.*
Questions…Please contact Tina Ross at email@example.com
Simple Ways to Earn for Our School
at NO COST TO YOU!!!
See the Donation Opportunities page for details